Posted on July 22, 2022
Closes: August 19, 2022
Job Location: Falmouth or Augusta, with flexibility for remote work options. This position includes periodic travel between both offices.
Disability Rights Maine, a progressive non-profit organization whose mission is to ensure autonomy, inclusion, equality, and access for people with disabilities in Maine, has an opening to join our Administrative Team.
DRM is seeking a detail-oriented individual who possesses strong interpersonal skills to provide support to our staff. Support includes coordinating with our 3rd party IT provider, assisting with virtual and in-person meetings and trainings, general office duties and support, assisting with financial reporting, and direct support of the CFO and Executive Director.
This position requires an individual with a passion for supporting DRM’s mission through supporting its staff. The ideal candidate will have experience in all Microsoft programs with emphasis in Excel expertise, IT and administrative support, and familiarity with accounting principles.
- Excel Expertise and assistance in maintaining, modifying, and creating workbooks for grants,budgets, payroll, and others as needed
- Scheduling and hosting internal and external in-person and virtual meetings through Zoom and MS Teams, to include arranging interpreters and other accessibility accommodations
- Coordinate travel arrangements
- Report on agency grants and contracts and assist with financial reporting as necessary; assist with audit preparation; prepare and proofread reports
- Assist with HR and employee relations as needed
- Assist with moving file boxes and assembling office furniture
- Assist the Executive Director and CFO with fiscal management activities and other duties as assigned
- Network Admin, System Admin, and Software Admin
- Monitor file servers, checking compliance with organizational norms and the backup/integrity of files
- Monitor hardware and software usage in agency, updating as necessary for ease of use or security compliance according to grant and contract requirements
- Monitor VOIP system, arranging for new or replacement hardware, maintaining inventory, updating user information, provide troubleshooting as necessary
- Create and maintain user accounts, access, and training
- Liaison with 3rd party IT Support services, research and assist with Assistive Technology for both programmatic and staff use
- A high school diploma plus five years computer, IT, or accounting experience. An Associate’s or other business degree can be substituted for two years’ experience
- Demonstrated IT and administrative skills
- Demonstrated ability to draft correspondence and basic business documents
- Basic Project Management skills
- Ability to work regular eight to five office hours plus some evening and weekend hours
- A commitment to economic and social justice
Salary range: $42k-$55k
To apply, send a cover letter and a resume by Friday, August 19, 2022 to:
Chief Financial Officer
Disability Rights Maine
160 Capitol Street, Suite 4
Augusta, ME 04330
DRM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Persons from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.